FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Official announcement for NO Lounge access if you score complimentary upgrades
Old Dec 3, 2018, 11:53 pm
barracuda93

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by QRC3288
You're saying any discrimination at all does matter, negatively from CX and they're foolish to do so. In my highly unscientific straw poll, I can say there is zero sympathy for the complaining tantrum passenger, and ironically sympathy for CX (which is hard, this day and age in HK). And at least in my small F example with myself above, such small discrimination as being the last to get a meal order taken definitely doesn't bother me, I will take the comfy F bedding and big seat thank you very much! So, if a little discrimination can be tolerated by some passengers like myself, then it is a fair question to ask maybe the airline can discriminate more. It may not sound very nice but this is the reality of business.
Please don't take me here to be yet another "discrimination alarmist"

I won't mind being offered the meal in the end of the "queue", I actually experienced that myself (quite naturally front seats were occupied and I have been seated in the rear portion of J cabin) and had zero discomfort. I agree with you this is natural.

Note that I never demanded lounge access for op-ups as such. If airlines maths doesn't allow for lounge access offered to those few non-status lucky op-ups, no problem, announce their upgrade at the gate only. My point is – avoid pissing off people unnecessarily by showing they do not deserve to get a proper product (and we don't even have to argue if they actually "deserve" it). Ultimately for business reasons, we can forget ethics here.