FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Official announcement for NO Lounge access if you score complimentary upgrades
Old Dec 3, 2018, 8:36 pm
barracuda93

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by sscywong
@barracuda93 What you are saying is "if you give me op-up, you should give me a full set of experience of the higher class" while I believe most FTer here agree that you get op-up is simply because there's not enough seat in your booked cabin so the airline sits you in a better seat and that should be all what an op-up is about.
What if they op-up you and deny an onboard J service, offering you Economy meals instead and refusing to give "Business class headphones" to watch a movie? Still okay? Where is the borderline of acceptable discrimination?

I wonder why some people portray op-up cases as some kind of mercy graciously showered on us by airlines. Come on. Airlines oversell classes to earn more. No one forces them. It's not an accidental thing, but a financial managerial strategy. They want extra profits – they have associated costs. This is fair in the world of business.

It is nothing about me or you personally being "entitled" for specific service. J or F is a package product. It looks offensive when airline start discriminating here. What next? Deny a glass of champagne to you, because you booked with partner miles, while happily offering it to me, when I booked on cash? Or why do you think someone using miles from a credit card sign-up is equally "entitled" as a person paying huge chunk of cash? Or why a person who paid 300 USD for a multisegment ticket is equally "entitled" as another one who paid double price just for a single leg?