FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Post your AN memories HERE
View Single Post
Old Feb 26, 2002, 7:27 pm
RichardMEL

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
Post your AN memories HERE

This is a thread to remember Ansett and the people that made it a great place to fly with as customers, or a great place to work as staff.

Please everyone feel free to contribute.

I'll start with memories of lovely staff, often bending over backwards to help. Of the crew of Charlie Zulu Oscar in Feb, 1996 flying ADL-MEL who invited me up front and let me stay for landing into home, during dusk, all because they saw I had a Boeing 777 tshirt on, and they liked it. I'll also remember a different crew of a 320 (Hotel Yankee Echo) MEL-PER, who while I was up front chatting with them let some kids up front, and played games with them showign them the cockpit and "shooting" with the buttoms on their joysticks ("just like Nintendo!") - this same crew then signed postcards and gave them to all the kids. Or the crew on AN International who very nicely let me pop into the front office flying HKG-SYD even though it was a check ride, and the check captain was nice enough to spend some time with me chatting. I'll remember friendly agents at MEL, SYD & BNE GW clubs who were always very nice to me, even though I was just getting in on my *G card and not a "real" member. Even to the ernest folks at SYD GW Club on 01Feb, who apologised several times to us for not being able to offer us full service, but wishing us well and taking the time to talk to us.

And lastly, to my ex-AN International friend, who always worked within the rules, but got me some very good fares and never complained with silly ticket requests (usually convoluted * RTW tickets) and even remembered personal touches like to organise me a window seat into MEL every time, or whatever.

I remember the staff of Ansett, who gave the spirit of Sir Reg form and always worked hard, even under trying circumstances (eg: the Easter 767 groundings, the period under administration, etc) and always made me feel welcome and safe on board an aircraft flying the Southern Cross and the "A".

Thank you.

------------------
RichardMEL, UA 1K
A Star Alliance Member.