FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 777 D1 Suite PS + Comfort+ retrofit consolidated thread
Old Dec 3, 2018, 11:31 am
Mountain Explorer

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by RaflW
kjnangre Indeed. There is no reason DL won't fly the 777s for a decade or more. I'm sure they have plenty of cycles left. Someone here at FT posted a video interview of Bastian recently, and he confirmed that DL is planning to refit the 767-300s to the new D1 standard, and those a/c are generally all older than the 777s. Their plan has seemed pretty wise from a capital expenditures standpoint, and with fuel still relatively cheap, working as a broader strategy.

I was just talking recently with a friend who isn't at all an aviation person, but flies to Hawaii 2 to 6 times per year from LAX. She said she flies Hawaiian because she wants to be on brand new A321s to Maui. Old planes make her worry. I said I was totally fine in a decades old 757 from DL, I trust their maintenance. That said, from a paxex experience, I'd welcome DL deploying 321s LAX-OGG.
Agreed. So long as the interiors get refreshed regularly, I'm happy.

You should send your friend an article about the brand new 737Max that crashed recently. The newness of the SW (and pilots unfamiliarity with it) was a contributing factor.