FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Border Control Question - Dual Citizenship
Old Dec 3, 2018, 5:25 am
TravelKane

Programs: Marriott Titanium / HH Diamond / Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by GUWonder
If you have an Italian national ID card for an Italian citizen and have an Italy-UK-Italy ticket and a nested UK-US-UK ticket inside that, then you can use your Italian national ID card to exit the Schengen zone, enter the UK using the Italian ID or US passport, and then use the US passport for the UK-US-UK portion. If you try to do everything on one ticket instead of on separate airline tickets, then the airline reps may possibly give you more trouble than border control, but the airline should still allow you even if it's all one one ticket.

The key thing to minimize chance of trouble is to show the Italian citizen national ID card to the Schengen border control officials when leaving the Schengen zone and when entering the Schengen zone.
My ticket is IT-UK-US
So just connection in UK
I am not worried about the airline. I will just show them my US Passport and be fine. Well, on second thought, lately been getting the 50 question rundown at the ticket counter.