FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - VS - Bad business seats and config
View Single Post
Old Dec 2, 2018, 4:19 pm
gengar

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by dougzz
I think this is slightly misleading. When people say direct aisle access, I think part of that is that others have direct aisle access without climbing over them, or waking them to get out. I don't dispute your calculation, just that direct aisle access in the context of these complaints is a bit more nuanced than it's literal meaning.
Absolutely, and is actually the typical definition on FT of 'direct aisle access' seating - the reason for this is that being in an aisle seat is worthless to many travelers if other pax need to climb over to access the aisle (i.e., the traveler would instead choose to be the pax climbing over than being climbed over). This is why, e.g., on the BA forum many FT'ers refer only to the window seats that don't need to climb over another pax as "direct aisle access" seats (e.g., 62/64 A/K on the upper deck), or on the UA forum only the D/E seats in old non-Polaris biz, etc.