FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (Aug 2011 onward)
Old Dec 2, 2018, 12:56 pm
lettezilla

Programs: UA, AA, Hyatt
Yeah, I love the diverse mix, and sometimes clash, of cultures in Paris, but from the looks of things, there was a chance that people genuinely couldn't get to the hotel yesterday because there were things on fire in the street. I'm not "scared" of the protests, but don't want to have a trip where I'm risking getting tear gassed if I leave my hotel, either. When it was contained to the Champs Elysees, I wasn't worried, as we wouldn't be in that area anyway, but considering that Vendome was specifically mentioned as a hotspot, we were wondering.

We've emailed the hotel and got a generic response that they will process the email soon, so will be interesting to see. I don't know if curfews would be likely, or how likely shops, etc will be to be open next weekend (I know Galleries Lafayette and Printemps were evacuated as a "precaution" yesterday), it would just be a sad thing to visit and not actually be able to enjoy the city.