FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Uber Fraud - Driver induced?
View Single Post
Old Dec 2, 2018, 11:32 am
KDS777

Programs: Lost it all and don't care
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
I don't think you understand.
Well, I have been driving UBER X full time for the last 7 months. Done over 3,000 trips with a 4.98 rating. And you ?

If the driver cancels a trip before he gets to the pickup point, at any time, there is no cancellation fee. Drivers do not cancel as a rule, since too many cancellations will result in deactivation of the driver's account.

If the pax cancels after the driver has travelled a certain amount of distance towards the pickup point, there is a fee.

If the driver arrives at the pickup point, the softwares GPS triggers the timer which counts down 5 minutes, and then the driver can only cancel at that time and collect the fee. Of course, if pax cancels, at that time, there is a fee.

$5.00 of which $1.00 goes to UBER in all cases.

Pretty clear cut and straight forward. Be standing with your toes at the curb, as you receive three notifications and watch me arrive on the GPS, and you'll never pay the fee.

If someone isn't where they are supposed to be I text and phone them, and wait another 2-3 minutes. If they don't reach out to me I cancel, collect my fee and move on. We're busy and not your babysitter. How would that be rampant fraud on UBER's part and/or my fault as a driver ?

Last edited by KDS777; Dec 2, 2018 at 11:38 am