FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is skiplagging super risky? My company wants to book a "hidden city" flight
Old Dec 1, 2018, 3:47 pm
MiniMuffin

Exclamation Is skiplagging super risky? My company wants to book a "hidden city" flight

I need to go to a certain destination, and if I just book the non-stop flight there, it will cost around $500 each way. But the nonstop fight there is continuing on to another city and those tickets are like $150. How much of a risk is it that I wouldn't be able to use the overhead bin space, or that the airline might find out what I am doing and get pissed? It sounds like I would need to book with a different airline coming home because if they realized what I did, they might refuse me service. I am nervous because it sounds like my employer wants to find flights on Skiplagged and I never even heard of this concept until he mentioned it to me an hour ago. Seems risky, but what do the experienced travelers of FlyerTalk say? Should I push back against my employer? I want to go on this trip very much, but not if my luggage won't make it with me or if I end up stranded.