FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Check Your Iberia Account [IB withdrawing unused 90k promotion Avios 1 Dec 2018]
Old Dec 1, 2018, 11:10 am
tobsw

Programs: BAEC, Ib+, Accor, HHonors
Originally Posted by rrgg
Can you really not think of a plausible explanation? Things happen unexpectedly in life. [deleted longer explanation]
If you have time to be around this forum (and you have been... we can check!), you should have spend that time redeeming your soon to expire Avios. Any excuse is never good enough. Everyone will agree that, if you have time to keep up to date your loyalty programs, I am sure you have time to put a big red cross in you calendar. Perhaps, since you seem overworked (excuse deleted by the author), you should use some calendar skills

Anyway, I think Iberia Plus has been EXTREMELY generous with this promotion, giving us plenty of time to redeem the promotional Avios. Plenty. And, the Term and Conditions of the promotion were simple, and very clear.
  • For each booking during that June weekend, you would receive 9.000 Avios (as long as Iberia, Iberia Express or Air Nostrum operated). NO dates restriction. No minim flight length, no minimum cash value...
  • Up to x10 (meaning, you could earn 90k Avios very easily, no flying.... and VERY CHEAP).
  • But, and Importantly: you had to redeem Avios according to the IbPlus T&Cs BEFORE 1st DEC (we could argue whether that means on or before, but the Spanish T&C, legally binding as Iberia Plus is a Spanish company, and hence, only Spanish documents are legally binding, were clear that it was before. Several users in this forum have warned that yesterday Nov 30 was the last day to redeem. And it is obvious that when you buy something from a Spanish company, that means Madrid time. It is obvious).
  • You had no restriction how to use the Avios, no restriction on dates. Hotels, car hire, flights, upgrades, discounts, cinema tickets, wine,... many, many options. If you didn't get the Business flight you wanted, you weren't quick enough. I got the one I wanted. And many more too. Transfers to BA Executive Club and Avios UK are NOT considered redemptions according to Ib Plus T&Cs. The thing is, you knew that before as well.
  • Iberia Plus promised that if you didn't redeem the Avios before 1st, they would remove them from your account. And that is what they have done. Exactly this. You redeem your promotional Avios on time. No problem. You didn't, Iberia Plus removed them.
I, as many other have done, spent the Avios following these simple conditions. And no problems at all.