FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Official announcement for NO Lounge access if you score complimentary upgrades
Old Nov 30, 2018, 5:50 pm
flatlander

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
This is the policy with most airlines. You are upgraded for operational reasons - there not being a seat for you in the lower cabin. Unless there are no seats in the J lounges and you get operationally upgraded to the F lounge why would you have access
Well, elsewhere in Oneworld, if you are in possession of an F boarding pass on BA you can go into the F-only lounges. Last time I tested this was a few months ago when I had an op-up to F when transferring at JFK. My seat allocation disappeared in the mobile app, so I took a guess and went to a counter to fetch a new boarding pass, and then had access as if I was an F passenger. AA have never op-upped me to F (three-class F, that is) but as far as I know you can still get into any of their Flagship, etc, lounges if you have an F boarding pass no matter where it came from.

CX, and everyone else, has scaled their lounge service provision to the number of F seats (haven't they?...) so once your bum will be in an F seat on the aircraft, it can also fit into the F lounge.

It's their train set and they can say how we're going to play with it, but I think no F lounge access on ground after an F upgrade is chiselling.