FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Starwood/Marriott Data Breach 500 Million Guests affected, Marriott fined £18.4m
Old Nov 30, 2018, 4:16 pm
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
What makes you so sure that Marriott's systems haven't been hacked before too? I would be very surprised if there weren't at least two state actors that swiped a chunk of Marriott customer data from the era before Marriott even acquired SPG.

Originally Posted by kennycrudup
If there was any (hard) evidence required of the level of irrational hatred of MR by SPG loyalists, this thread is it.

Imagine that after some time and negotiation, I finally buy a classic car I've been interested in for a while. In the process of cleaning it up to get it show-ready, I find hairs in the grill that are then later found to be connected to the victim of a fatal hit-and-run that happened years ago. If some here on FT had their way, I would be on trial for first-degree murder.
To get the analogy straight, the grill would have hairs from more than one victim, with at least one of the victims being killed during your ownership and sole possession of the car/car keys. Then you become a suspect for at least one count of vehicular manslaughter.

Last edited by GUWonder; Nov 30, 2018 at 4:22 pm