FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sapphire (CSR & CSP) 48 months from bonus to next application, started in Aug. 2018.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 12:42 pm
Diplomatico

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by nathanmock
I just called into Chase and got some new information, albeit a bit contrary to what I believed or have read on their product page. The rep informed me that if I apply for the card and get approved, that means I will be eligible for the bonus. She also told me that the travel credit was based on calendar year (not anniversary year as listed on the product page) and that I would have to spend $300 in travel, and then the $300 would be reimbursed for purchases after that--something I have never heard before! Is there any truth to this or was the rep simply misinformed?
Chase will not approve you for a card unless you qualify for the bonus; therefore, if approved, you would receive the bonus after meeting MSR.

For cards issued prior to May 2017, the travel credit was based upon calendar year. For cards issued after that, the travel credit is based upon cardmember anniversary year.

The travel credit is a reimbursement in the form of a statement credit that is issued after you make qualifying travel purchases using the card as the method of payment.