FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 master thread
View Single Post
Old Nov 30, 2018, 7:49 am
Ned1968

Programs: BA Executive Club and OnBusiness
Originally Posted by kingcole974
I regard myself as pretty clued up with TP although I must say barely a day goes past without me learning something new, due to this forum and in particular this thread. So I'm asking if anyone has some bright ideas to get me over the gold line.

My TP year ends in June. As of 1st May I will have 720 TP and I have one more more trip to plan. I need to be in Wichita (going storm chasing!) by Friday 17th May and I'll be there a just over a week. I shall travel to Vegas on 25th May for 2 nights intending to fly home on Monday 27th which is a bank holiday. I need a flight that will get me into the UK in the morning as I have commitments in the afternoon.

I think I will need to fly SouthWest from ICT to LAS. It's direct and about £100 as opposed to £300ish on AA with a change. But on my way out to the USA I can be very elaborate and have time to do a TP effective run. Of course, ICT in slap bang in the middle so it makes domestic 140tp legs tricky. although I'd happily consider any West Coast stop on the way out and head back.

Budget is £2k. Any suggestions?
Depends on how crazy you want to go, but ex-EU possibilities:

800 Tier Points (680 if you "accidentally" forget to board your flight to Helsinki and stopped in LHR on the way home)

880 Tier Points (760 if you "accidentally" forget to board your flight to Helsinki and stopped in LHR on the way home)