FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Worn-out and beat-up J seats on CX A350
View Single Post
Old Nov 29, 2018, 1:41 pm
synthkeys

Programs: CX MPC DM
I've flown the 359 between HKG and EWR in J a bunch of times, maybe close to 10 flights now. Although I haven't seen it as bad as you're describing, a few of those trips there's been something wrong. A few times there were problems with my seat where it would get misaligned and not recline or return properly. The seat needed a lot of coaxing to get back on track. Twice there were issues with the reclining arm rest where it was very wobbly and unstable. Also a time where the mechanism that pops up the seat extension was barely attached. I could have just pulled the whole thing off if I wanted to. Each time, I've reported the issues to the ISM just so they can address it some time later. Usually that discussion morphs into ISM revealing that they like the 773 much better due to increased working space for the crew.

It's all anecdotal but I never saw these types of issues on the 773s and the 359s are much newer, seems like the quality is a step down. There have been many threads here in the past about quality issues in the J cabin on the 359. But the 359 is a much quieter experience and the increased pressurization makes the long haul a bit more comfortable. Also, the IFE is superior. It's a shame, getting the new aircraft fitted properly with better quality hardware could have been a good statement to customers by providing an upgraded experience. These flaws just degrade that message.