FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TLV to FCO in coach: what to expect?
View Single Post
Old Nov 29, 2018, 1:31 pm
Arnur

Programs: TK Elite, LH FTL
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
Starting from airport experience: FCO has greatly improved in the last couple of years or so - transfers (especially B-E) are a walk in the park (no security, just passports and there's hardly any queue when using the e-gates), facilities-wise again significant improvements on that front as well plus your TLV flight will depart from the brand new concourse (E), shame that you will not be able to make the most of the new [Alitalia] lounge, though.
Thanks a lot for the info and the warm welcome AlicorporateUK, I'm however flying from Tel Aviv to Rome, so I was curious mostly about the Alitalia experience at Ben Gurion (where I also was last in the early 1990s). But I will connect at FCO, so I'm glad the airport has improved.

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
Oh, and the aircraft which operated your Tirana flight back in the days would have probably been a Super 80 (MD80)
You are absolutely right, I started to wonder about that after hitting the Send button. In fact, the plane was the most memorable part of that journey, rather than the cheese sandwich.