FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - An Engagement to Remember: BOS to ZQN (with a few stops along the way)
Old Nov 29, 2018, 9:36 am
swingaling

Programs: AA EXP
Villa Del Lago

Villa Del Lago
1 Bedroom Suite
Queenstown (Day 1)

Since we were staying in an apartment with a kitchen, we bought some food for the next few days so we could cook some meals (mainly breakfast) ourselves. As we were in Frankton, we went to Pack N Save, as their selection was better than we'd get in Queenstown (and a whole lot cheaper to boot). It took a bit of additional concentration when driving, as I'm not accustomed to driving on the left side of the road. However, it wasn't hard to get used to. The hardest thing to get used to was getting into the car on the correct side.

We turned up at the apartment around 2PM and were able to check-in right away. Given the cold, rainy weather and how tired we both were, we decided to make it an early night. We stayed in and I cooked us dinner. Then it was off to bed around 7:30PM, as I wanted to be well rested so we could be productive the following day. It was still quite bright out, as the sun sets at 9PM that time of year. Regardless, we had no trouble getting to sleep.

It was hard to get good photos of the room because the wife (to be) kept trying to photo-bomb me....

Room

Room

Room

Bahtroom

Bathroom

View on a Snowy Day
I found the greenery and the snow a bit incongruous