FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pro-active Online Upgrade (POUG) tracking and discussion | 2017/18 thread
Old Nov 29, 2018, 8:23 am
ggomtel

Programs: Iberia Platinum, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Globaliser
I agree that this does not sound like particularly good value. Are you sure that you are being offered a POUG? They are marked as special offer upgrades. The price being shown to you - ending in "9" - is consistent with POUG pricing, but I thought I should check in case this is actually a fare rules upgrade that happens to be at a price that looks like it could be a POUG. If it is, then the booking can be split and only one person upgraded at the fare rules price.

If you really do not want to split the booking, then asking about an AUP at the airport would seem to be the only other option.

How many more TPs do you actually need for renewing your status?
Yes, it appears as a limited special offer in the website. I really do not appreciate so much flying WT+, since I already have an exit emergency seat in WT, so probably I’ll pass.
Regarding the TPs, I’m IB, not BA. I’m missing 500 TP out of 6250, but still can manage to get them with other flights probably. This upgrade would provide me 335 more IB TPs, so almost all of them.