FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 master thread
View Single Post
Old Nov 29, 2018, 7:40 am
megaloman

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by bchang
Has anyone done a same day return HKG-DOH via the following routing HKG-CGK-CMB-DOH-CMB-CGK-HKG on a mix of CX/UL? I'm trying to take advantage of the UL Business I fares ex-CGK, but don't have much time to spare.

Al the connections are tight outbound CGK (70 min), CMB (95 min), DOH (95 min back-to-back), with one short inbound connection at CMB (80 min). Carry-on only.

1. Any thoughts/concerns on the short connections?
2. Would it be possible to collect all boarding passes (outbound and inbound) when checking in at HKG?
3. Any need to clear immigration at DOH? I've been through DOH many times, and transit passengers don't have to go through immigration. But would I have to because my outbound "destination" is DOH?

I'm not sure which forum to post to as there isn't a UL forum and I've seen teledude and wonderman's posts on here about UL DXB-xCMB-CGK TP runs here.
I believie @teledude attempted it in Jakarta and failed. You need to present yourself at the check-in desk for passport / credit card check, so 70 minutes won't be enough as check-in closes 60 minutes before departure.

1. allow more time in CGK
2. not for UL flight departing CGK
3. just security and you're back in departure hall - usually very quick/efficient security check