FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Startled by an "... updated your address on your account" email notification
Old Nov 29, 2018, 7:26 am
RogerD408
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Are you sure you haven't been hacked? Maybe the points just haven't been deducted yet and the transaction doesn't show. Changing the email is often the first step and should be viewed as evidence that someone probably did enter your account without authorization.
The OP stated nothing had been changed, although changing the password would be wise. I see many emails saying a change has been made to my account and they are getting much better making it look legit to entice clicking a link within the message. But when I look real close the URLs have a very minor change that would take me to a phony webpage that most likely request my password (no, I do not click those links so just a guess). Usually a group of email addresses get leaked so it's a good idea to spread the word to remind others to be on the lookout. Personally, I use unique usernames for my accounts so I will have a clue (not definitive) idea where they got the address. It confuses some when you tell them your address is [email protected].