FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Q: What's the issue with many NRSAs?
View Single Post
Old Nov 28, 2018, 1:17 pm
bocastephen
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
What prioritizing? They want to chat with a coworker? When I fly, I'm totally fine without FA's chatting with me, even though I often see the same ones on HNL-SFO flights, although to be fair, a NRSA has no shot on a Hawaii flight in F.

Should a general member be outraged when they pay the same on a ticket as a Global Services customer and the GS gets a bunch of extras and usually special treatment? It isn't like a general member is going to be warned at ticketing they are not as special as a GS.
Sorry I disagree - NRSA are not to be prioritized in any way, for service, food, beverages or attention. If, after all services have been provided, there is a gap in the service plan on a longer flight and they want to chat quietly and discreetly in the galley, that's fine - but I take offense to chatting in the cabin area, talking across other passengers, or providing extras/freebies, etc to NRSA. In fact, the rules are clear that NRSA shall get the last choice of meal and beverages on the flight and will be denied service if there is not enough catering on board.

NRSA are like children - they should be neither seen, nor heard, and amazingly enough, I was able to follow these simple rules during the years I flew as a NRSA on Eastern and Delta.