FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best airlines out of DEN? Points strategy?
Old Nov 28, 2018, 11:38 am
maskedmesothorium

Originally Posted by MileHighColorado
5. New premium plaza lounge is coming to Denver Terminal A in 2019--this should be Priority pass lounge.

6. Currently you can dine at Timberline restaurant with priority pass
I had no idea this was happening, I'll be looking forward to it! I hope the Timberline option doesn't go away once the lounge opens. A pint of craft beer plus the Timberline salad with grilled salmon comes in just under PP's $28 limit and has been serving me quite well :P

As for airlines.. as others have said UA and WN are by far the biggest at DEN. If you value frequency and convenience, you will have to choose one of the two. That said, I don't fly either of them. I split my flying this year between F9 and AA. I fly Frontier for almost all my leisure travel since the fares are usually MUCH lower. You get status at 20k miles, which entitles you to free stretch seating and a free carryon (they never really check anyway, but whatever). You also get free same day change, though the limited frequency of flights limits the usefulness. I've used it multiple times to change to a flight a full 24 hours from my scheduled flight, which is nice. Oh, and you also get to use the priority security screening line, which is often a HUGE time saver at DEN if you don't have pre-check. The major downside is F9's ever changing route network, and lack of flight frequency.

As for AA, they fly to PHL, ORD, DFW, PHX, MIA, CLT, JFK (maybe not anymore?), and LAX. It works for me since I need to fly to MIA and PHL a few times a year for business.