FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Premier Rewards Gold refresh: 4x USA dining, groceries, $10/mon dining credit. $250.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 9:53 am
PHLondoner

Originally Posted by pokeable
The denial of Toast for 4x MR is actually a pretty big deterrent for me using the Gold at restaurants v. the Sapphire Reserve. Especially since a lot of the higher end restaurants we have been in D.C. use Toast.
Why risk it/have to complain for the 4x when Chase reliably gives you 3x back on a $400 charge without any fuss?
I agree it's pretty absurd. As I've encouraged before, the more people who make a fuss about this the more likely we are to see Amex/Toast/Square figure out a proper resolution for all involved. FWIW, my local restaurant which I frequent several times a week switched to Toast and i stopped receiving my 4x benefit. After a call to complain, they simply recoded the restaurant accordingly and every subsequent transaction has coded correctly. That to say, if you want to keep things in the MR universe, and have a few spots you frequent - just make the call once, they'll make the switch and you'll be fine moving forward.