FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A Week in the Caucasus: Georgia, Azerbaijan and Armenia
Old Nov 28, 2018, 8:31 am
ChiefNWA

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by roadwarrier
I dealt with Transporters and Mines in the region, and we used to ship containers into the port of Poti and transport by road, so lots of careful planning had to be done and it was up to me to ensure that everything went according to plan without any incidents. Glad to say, all my trips paid off since we had zero issues for the years that we supplied goods into that region.
So besides dealing with Staff in the Hospitality industry, I also dealt with Businesses and Governmental people. The best part with dealing with Businesses was generally one would end up eating, drinking (too much), and toasting every few minutes. The toasts would be in praise of the older generation to the children and future generation, which to me, shows how they value their people and the respect they bestow on each other.
Glad to see I'm not the only one that found Georgians exceedingly hospitable. More the reason to go back one day.