FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Hong Kong Master Thread (closed for renovation until 2022)
Old Nov 28, 2018, 2:00 am
scubaccr

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
Have had a read of the wiki but does anyone have any other transport tips with regard to airport to ICHK & return ?

Have a 2 night stopover on our way to a month in Thailand (and another 2 night stay on the return leg)
7am arrival, 2 nights, 9am depature

3 of us travelling (including my 70yr old parents who are mobile but not fitness freaks !).
3 carry on (roller) cases
4 (possibly 5) large check-in (roller) cases

Done a bit of googling and a vehicle large enough for the luggage seems to be about 120 euros one way which makes my eyes seriously water. (Anyone know a similar service significantly cheaper ?)

Left luggage at the airport is hk$140 per day so for 2 days & 5 cases that would cost about £150 !! But would allow us to use a standard taxi OR public transport such as the Airport Express with just our carry-on luggage. Annoyingly the add-on shuttle bus doesn't list the ICHK as one of their stops :-(
Does anyone know if it actually does or stops very close ?
MTR > Privileges and Complimentary Services

What would people suggest ?
We are not wealthy and are looking for economical transport but can't be carting all this luggage off and on public transport really.

Looking forward to staying at the ICHK as a bit of treat (parents 45th wedding anniversary in October but they missed out on it due to Dad being in hospital with prostate cancer).

Thanks for any helpful advice.
Cheap =
First)Get the airportlink train direct from airport into town center
Then)Free Hotel hoppa bus that goes to hotel nearest ICHK
Lastly)Get taxi (or 2 taxis if too much luggage) from that nearby hotel to ICHK

Bit more Convenient (not much different to above)
First)Get airportlink train as above
Then)get taxi (2x taxis) to ICHK

Style =
Book ICHK Car xfer

ps
I think nearest hotel a)airport shuttle minibus or b)direct airport bus goes to
= Peninsula Hotel (500m away the other side of the big road from IC HK by the intersection)

Last edited by scubaccr; Nov 28, 2018 at 2:11 am