FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best routes for flying from DFW to Thailand (BKK probably.)
Old Nov 27, 2018, 2:31 pm
MoofuJJ

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
If you can be flexible and don't mind waiting till 1 or 2 weeks before to nail down your flights, then it will be no problem to find something on JL via Tokyo or CX via HKG. For both of these carriers you need to call AA to book, their award space isn't visible at aa.com.
Thanks! I am pretty flexible, if you dont mind me asking, why is it better to wait 1-2 weeks before nailing down the flight? Does JL start releasing more awards seats around that time?

Also, currently I was seeing options ruting through China when I strictly go by AA.coms routings, ie putting in DFW as my origin and BKK as my destination. However a lot of these options have really long layovers/flight times (35-40hr+) which is something im trying to avoid. Is it better to find your own route and call in to get it booked?

Although, since ill have to call anyway to get JL or CX booked, i simply need to find the route i want to take and call in?

Last edited by MoofuJJ; Nov 27, 2018 at 2:35 pm Reason: additional info