FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Christmas market 2018
View Single Post
Old Nov 27, 2018, 7:16 am
Lucanesque

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by marshy11
The busiest, but had the most "going on" was the in Rathausplatz. Fabulous atmosphere in the dark with the Rathaus lit up in and wonderful lighting around the Platz itself. It was VERY busy although not impossible to queue for food/drink and it had all sorts of stalls. This was probably the best Christmas atmosphere and had an ice rink which seemed to weave in and out of the stalls *unless my gluhwein gave me that impression! Probably the best for a beer/gluhwein and Langos.

We hit Schonbrunn Palace in the daytime for their market which was more 'crafty' and IMO had better stalls and seemed more organised in the layout but was a little smaller than the Rathaus market but still had a great atmosphere.

I think we've probably (unintentionally) visited 6-8 markets and side spills; at all times of the day/afternoon/evening; and they've all been atmospheric. I don't think there would be a bad one to visit.
I was working in Vienna last Christmas, and loved the Rathausplatz market - it was so beautiful, atmospheric, and they had a choir performing when I was there for that extra Christmas cheer.