FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CLOSED (for demolition) May 31 2022, Sheraton Cleveland Airport, OH [Master Thread]
Old Nov 27, 2018, 7:05 am
nevansm

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Had to stay here on Sunday due to the crazy midwest weather cancelling my UA flight. As a 1K UA comped the room and gave me $40 in food/beverage vouchers. I hadn't stayed here in 3-4 years, though not much had changed.There's a shuttle that picks up from the new shuttle area which is actually halfway through the walk to the hotel, so if you want, you can go through the garage and follow the path to it. At check-in, I presented the voucher and I mentioned I was PPE, the agent quickly looked me up and thanked me for being a PPE+A, and told me he'd give me the presidential suite for the night. The room voucher was for $79, about $70 below rack rate that night. The agent also gave me a coupon for a free appetizer at the bar (as this property has closed their lounge), however, between stopping at Michael Symon's Bar (Priority Pass lounge at CLE) to grab food, and the United Club, I ended up not using it).

Room 999 is not on any signs (the agent told me this and gave me instructions) and is located to the right out of the elevator, then at the end of the hall. The room is very long (or wide, depending on how you look at it). The entryway bisects the living/dining room to the left with a half bath, and the bedroom to the right with full bath (walk in shower). It was a bit dated, but the suite sleeper bed was great. The AC was a bit loud, and I did hear quite a bit of noise from the field (but both of those actually help me sleep, so it was fine for me).

I had a very early departure the next morning, so no breakfast, though I believe they give breakfast vouchers as well given the lack of a lounge. The shuttle showed up right at 5am, and a few min later I was through security and boarding my flight.

Overall, perfectly great for a quick overnight. It's not luxurious, but it gets the job done. I'll gladly take the short walk/shuttle ride over the FS Marriott 10 min away.