FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - (Pre-2019) Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Shanghai, China
Old Nov 26, 2018, 7:22 pm
moondog
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by SP03
I checked into the JW at Changfeng Park yesterday and was so pleasantly surprised. It think it's full (as will all the hotels in Shanghai this week, most places only have expensive suites available for sale), so I didn't get a room upgrade. But even the standard room is pretty spacious. I love the modern feel of the hotel. Rooms are bright and airy. Love the bathtub with a view.

The gym is pretty nice. I didn't use the pool because you need to buy a cap in every pool in China, but they have a very nice steam room, sauna and whirlpool.

The view from the lounge is amazing. I thought the evening offering was very nice, one of the best I've seen. Lots of hot and cold options with sushi and lots of desserts. Very thing was tasty.

Will try the first floor breakfast now. Overall super impressed and this is an incredible value at Cat 2. I assume the cat will jump once the new metro is open? Currently the location isn't bad (if you cab or Didi) but a but far from metro.
As an avid swimmer who has visited over 50 5-star hotel pools in China, I can assure you that very few require bathing caps. That rule is most common at public pools and lower end hotels.