Old Nov 26, 18, 5:27 pm
jeanie

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, MR LTPP, HH dia
Originally Posted by mia View Post
Anyway to verify that they were not posted to a different Marriott account number?
The account number in the SM from Chase was correct. But I have noticed today that there is a new thread in the Marriott forum about cc points not posting correctly. So who knows!

The Marriott agent I spoke with seemed pretty clueless. My Premier card was less than 1 year old, and she said I could only get 1 welcome bonus per year. I tried to explain that this is an upgrade bonus, and that is different. She spoke with the credit card department at Marriott, and then wrote an email to their liaison at Chase to follow up on the matter. She said I should call back later this week to find out the reply from Chase.

It was odd that she thought the 200 points from normal spending on the Premier card was my previous welcome bonus.

At this point, nothing will post until my next statement, anyway. I still think/hope it was because of that negative balance with the partial annual fee credit. I have already placed another charge on the account so that there will be a positive balance on the card when the next statement closes. Hopefully, that will fix it.