FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy? (Potential new program leak)
Old Nov 26, 2018, 4:10 pm
rny321

Programs: MB-LTT , HH-Diam., HGP-Expl.
Originally Posted by bhrubin

Thanks for sharing!

I can appreciate that some enjoy knowing that the hotel recognizes their elite status. But I would be quite unhappy at the violation of my privacy for no good reason by posting such a list.

I realize car rental companies might list me due to my status, but that is for a genuine purpose to allow me to more quickly get my rental car. This list has no purpose other than to prove the hotel knows one is elite.

In addition to serving a purpose, the rental car lists are only available briefly and go away once the customer has left the lot. The hotel lists remain at the front desk, which I feel is an invasion of a guest's privacy without any compensating benefit.

In some cases, an individual who wants privacy may have a familiar name but not an easily recognizable face. Once the name is known, it is easier to identify the individual. There are hotels that have DNR ("Do Not Recognize") lists for guests who prefer additional privacy.

Last edited by rny321; Nov 26, 2018 at 4:21 pm