FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho, Japan, LC [Master Thread]
Old Nov 26, 2018, 1:32 pm
Fc912

Finished a 3 night stay here last weekend just reporting back with a few thoughts. It's a good value option for the rate we paid (~$300 all in corporate rate) but it definitely does not compete with other top tier Tokyo hotels (both hard and soft). Within the Marriott family, the RC is a much better option.

Room:
A little small and only had a single vanity in the bathroom. Some finishes felt cheap to me (e.g. the lacquered closets, floor tiles in the bathroom / entrance area...etc) but I acknowledge that this is down to personal preferences. Bed was very comfortable and large - we had a king room but looks like they pushed two doubles together. Technology worked fine - but we couldn't figure out how to turn off the AC panel which was quite bright at night.

Housekeeping:
Probably the weakest part of the stay - the room wasn't dirty or anything but they were not thorough and lacked basic common sense. A few examples: 1) did not bother removing items left on the bed when performing turn down service; they simply turned the room with our clothes left as is. Any other top hotel in Tokyo would've folded the clothes and placed them somewhere appropriate. Also did not leave water bottles by the bed, 2) left dirty coffee cups for more than a day, 3) just lots of general tidiness issue and small touches missing (i.e. reorganizing bathroom amenities).

Service:
Generally fine, but service felt stiff and by the book vs. other Tokyo competitors. I'm not asking them to bend the rules, but they lacked efficiency as everyone had to follow some sort of SOP. For example, we went to the club lounge for a quick drink before dinner one night and even though at least three tables were open, the lounge receptionist had to go to her book and check line by line which table is open before requesting permission from her supervisor to seat us at one...

Others:
- Underwhelming breakfast selection
- Lounge evening selection was weak, though props to them for selecting a slightly less common house champagne (Barons de Rothschild NV - very good)