FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - El Paso Marriott [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Nov 26, 2018, 11:34 am
CMK10
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
El Paso Marriott [Master Thread]

Stay Report - 11/24 - 11/25

Location: This hotel should honestly be called the El Paso Airport Marriott as it's located on the entrance to the airport (you can get to the terminal in about 3 minutes) and 15 minutes from downtown El Paso. Nearby are the usual collection of chain restaurants, gas stations etc. The area is definitely safe though.

Hotel: A pretty typical 1980s concrete Marriott near an airport in a small city. In fact they don't even have new signage yet. The parking lot is at least large enough (and parking is free). The lobby has also been renovated and looks nicer than the rest of the hotel.

Check In: I was offered points or a drink and I took points as a welcome amenity. I was also told the lounge wasn't open weekends so I could have a continental breakfast in the restaurant or more points, I took more points. I was also given a room on the executive floor as an "upgrade"

Room: Not one of the renovated Marriott rooms sadly but the look and feel of a 1980s Marriott though there was at least a SmarTV. There was also a desk, chair, outlets near the bed and a really small bathroom with older style shower.

Lounge: As mentioned not open weekends. It's open for breakfast Monday to Friday from 6 AM to 10 AM and for appetizers from 5 to 10 PM Sunday to Thursday.

Overall this hotel works well if you need to be by ELP but I hope it gets a refresh soon.