FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA refuses boarding back to UK despite OK from Immigration Authorities
Old Nov 26, 2018, 10:02 am
Schultzois

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
It is a confidential phone number so of course they refused to tell you what it was. they don't want just anyone calling it!
Unless the OP's situation is totally invented (and I don't really see why it would be) then it does seem like his situation would be one where they would facilitate as opposed to impede contact.
At this point he's not "just anyone" he's likely to be a UK resident being refused travel back to his domicile as a result of a documentation issue. I don't see how that goes in the "just anyone" bin.
And if the worry is that he doesn't actually fit that set of criteria, then that just means the right enquiries and consideration actually HASN'T been made yet.

In which case my expectation would be that facilitating a solution rather than stranding a passenger should be what should happen. If giving a phone number is all that's needed to facilitate, then why not in this case? Either there is or there isn't a way to deal with this.

And the idea that somehow the OP's wife getting on a plane with the OP's original birth certificate is somehow more reasonable than a few phone calls and steps to verify documents... only on FT.