FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Corporate/Set Codes going away?
View Single Post
Old Nov 26, 2018, 7:52 am
CJKatl

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by fliesdelta
As I posted on this forum before: when using my employer's corporate code in the US, I can think of only one instance when I was asked to show proof (Renaissance near LAX). In Europe and Asia, I've been asked to show proof 100% of the time, including Vancouver BC three weeks ago and Hong Kong last week.
The Brooklyn Marriott gave my customer such a good rate that the hotel had to get a letter from the customer ahead of time for the rate to be used.

The former Pattaya Marriott offered a corporate rate to my Fortune 10 company because there was a facility nearby. The travel dept said it was okay to use the rate for a personal trip. The hotel, seeing I was using the rate, reached out to their contact at the facility to arrange transportation to the facility. The facility was confused why I would be at the facility since my division had absolutely nothing to do with the local facility. When I checked in the hotel manager asked what I was doing there and explained there had been many emails back and forth between various parts of the company. The rate was honored and when I got back home the travel department proactively reached out to me reiterating the rate could be used by employees on private trips, but I never used the rate again.