FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 777 D1 Suite PS + Comfort+ retrofit consolidated thread
Old Nov 26, 2018, 7:21 am
bretthexum

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Duke787
Strongly disagree. A US based DM is spending a minimum of $15k, doesn't matter what class they sit in, I don't think Delta wants that money to walk out the door -- that's not a once a year flyer complaining in a vacuum. Some of us have corporate policies that require Y but that doesn't mean the fares are cheap.

However Bastian has suggested that C+ is eventually coming back the 777 and the A330-neos will presumably have it so I would think it's only a matter of time before they come back to the A350 so that the entire fleet has it again. It's the logical move from a company that positions (and mostly delivers) itself as the airline for the business travelers whatever class you are traveling in.
This is my situation. I can only book Y, and there's no way in hell I'm paying 90% more out of pocket for a PS seat. If revenue management wasn't so tough on releasing D1 GUC space in advance, it wouldn't be an issue.

The thing is... I'm going to spend air travel $$ each year, and a lot of it. I realize each persons situation is different. Gambling with sitting in regular Y for 12 hours is not something I am interested in doing. Sorry to turn this into a Delta rant!