FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA refuses boarding back to UK despite OK from Immigration Authorities
Old Nov 25, 2018, 8:02 pm
Dave Noble
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by fomc
that's exactly my point. I have a lot of responsibility here for not checking it myself. BUT BA allowed me board in the first place. Again I hate myself for not checking more than anything believe me. But in situations like me where people are stranded with little or not options, BA should show its HUMANE side and allow me to travel. The point that frustrates me the most is that even the BA guy at the airport agreed with me that chances of being refused entry, given all I said, are minimal. So I know I will be let in, they are the ones to give the OK. And im pretty sure if someone from the head office would call these people in Budapest all would be well, but I only get to customer service people who cant do anything and don't have authority to deal with my issue. Maybe someone from BA sees this, contacts me and lets get me back home to my wife.
As soon as you have documents that permit travel, BA will permit travel

Alternatively , as suggested, if it is BA being awkward, rebook with another airline

Rather thanblaming BA for UK immigration policies, perhaps ask UK Embassy to show its humane side and give you documents that show that you will be permitted entry to UK with travel on expired documents

Originally Posted by fomc
Wouldn't all airlines have this policy? Do you know if Ryanair or Easyjet allows you?
Yes , they do , I am almost certain - It isn't BA being awkward, it is that you have no documentation for travel

Can you get to the country where your passport is from and perhaps address at your local immigration office

Originally Posted by callum9999
It irrefutably is BA's fault. The fact that it's also the OP's fault is irrelevant to that point. If BA fulfilled their obligations then he would not be in this mess - period.
A BA member of staff may have made an error in permitting travel, but it is not the agent's fault that the passenger had an out of date document - that is 100% the fault of the passenger