FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers
Old Nov 25, 2018, 5:11 pm
gabdusch

Programs: AC SEMM, NEXUS
AC17 YVR-TPE November 2018

Excellent crew today, shout out to SD Kathleen and her team. ^

Champagne tastes so much better when it's properly chilled, and served in a flute.

(sma)

The Smoked trout, grapefruit, pickled onion, egg, lemon emulsion was exactly the same as my YVR-CDG flight a month or so ago. I ate everything except the grapefruit which I'm still not sure works well with the rest of dish.

The garlic bread was excellent and it seems AC is slowly finding it's balance there. The challenge still is keeping the slices warm when they reach the last row, and I think there is room for improvement there, but it's a really minor quip.

I also think AC could be a bit more inventive with the side salad, and dressing. It has been the exact same salad for as long as I can recall, except when they added (and then removed) the parmesan shavings.

For my main, I tried the Lime and chili salmon, cauliflower quinoa, green beans, shiitake mushroom. The fish was moist and flavourful and not overly salty, and the dish was not too heavy which I always appreciate.

Cheese course of Oka, Brie, medium Cheddar, crackers, along with a glass of Port.

And yes, the Dark chocolate fondant, hazelnut praline, blueberry ginger compote is back. I wonder if it's here to stay for good, like the dreaded NA omelette...

Over Japan, it's noodle time! As always, Hot noodle soup, shrimp and pork wontons, gai-lan hit the spot, especially with a generous helping of the spicy sauce. ^

I did not partake in the pre arrival meal.