FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Non revs taking up the front of the plane?
Old Nov 25, 2018, 1:50 pm
moondog
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by LoveHateRelationship
I was recently on a flight from HKG to YVR and noticed a few disruptive non-revs. It was obvious only because of the CX lanyard and ID badges they were wearing. These people weren't disruptive enough to warrant a complaint just lacking courtesy that most airlines demand from their non-rev flyers, like constantly going to grab stuff from their bags, leaping over people to go to the lavs every few hours, .... that annoying passengers do.

Anyways, I started having a gab with the SP and I mentioned that Y was pretty empty on this flight. She said Y was empty but J and PEY were packed but mostly with non-revs. That got me thinking, on one hand, I feel like they should be upgrading elites (the people who pay the bills) up to the front when there's space and let the non-revs duke it out for the remaining seats. On the other hand, it's probably not a bad idea to treat staff well since they are the face of the company. I only know that the DMs didn't get upgraded because there was a gent beside me who is a DM+ and was still slumming it in Y. They at least told him there's an empty row in the back if he wanted to sleep.

Clearly the premium cabins that CX "protects" isn't really that protected when a large majority of the people there are non-revs during slow season. Thoughts? Give the staff perks like flying in premium cabins or treat elites a little bit better?
As long as they aren't trying to share my seat, I could care less.