FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 22% Discount on Lifeexperiences.ca certificates until Nov 29, 2018
Old Nov 25, 2018, 7:17 am
CanadaDH

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
I do not see any booking options for Fairmont through costco.ca
You won't. It's lifeexperiences.ca that sells $100 Fairmont certificates. However, Costco sells LifeExperience certificates. Their regular price is $74.99 for a $100 certificate. You then take that generic LE certificate and use it to buy the Fairmont certificates on the LE site.

They only sell them in $100 denominations, and there is officially a max of 10 certificates per booking (not always enforced), so unless you have a cheap stay somewhere, you might not be able to pay your entire booking with these, but it's still a nice discount. They are only good at Canadian Fairmont properties.

I've had luck going down the front desk each day and applying $1,000 at a time against my room account. Many agents are aware of the 10 certificate limit, but don't always check your room account to see if you've already applied some earlier in your stay. Therefore, I always travel armed with a stack of the LE certs (purchased through Costco) and the regular Fairmont gift certificates (purchased through the semi-annual online sales). I try to use as many LE certs as I can, and pay the balance with regular Fairmont certificates.

Last edited by CanadaDH; Nov 25, 2018 at 7:22 am