Old Nov 24, 18, 11:14 pm
yyznomad
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC E75K 2MM former 14-year SE; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by nexusCFX View Post
I guess it's too much to ask Air Canada to check whether the mechanics of the seat work correctly before a sixteen hour flight.
Originally Posted by nexusCFX View Post
Every seat is fine until it isn't.
I assure you that despite our occasional knocking of AC's Dream Cabin J seats that they do try to fix any known issues.
It is very possible, and I have experienced it myself, for example, where I'm on the same exact FIN and Dream Cabin J seat for two separately numbered flights on the same operating day where on the first flight my J seat is just fine and dandy, and then on the next flight the exact same seat starts to act up/deflate. I reported it but also noted to the SD that on the prior flight (managed by a different SD), there were zero problems experienced. This is not necessarily the same as a reclining issue with a J seat, but you get the idea.

Take a look at the AC XM herringbone J seats... they always had reclining issues and quite often had to be reset by crew mid-flight. Quite often there would be no reports of issues until it happens mid-flight for the first time.