FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy? (Potential new program leak)
Old Nov 24, 2018, 9:46 pm
swintec

Originally Posted by bhrubin
Marriott’s Platinum, Gold, and Silver labels follow a very obvious and common sense ranking of metals. Marriott’s Ambassador label is also straightforward even if it doesn’t follow the metal liturgy.

Titanium being higher than Platinum is a bit odd for those who actually know metal values, but it wasn’t like there was an obvious well known metal that’s actually more valuable than Platinum. But at least almost everyone has heard of Titanium. (I don’t think Rhodium is the answer even if it’s actually more valuable than Platinum. )
errrr... Are you familiar with metal values? Gold is worth more than silver, platinum and paladium so I wouldn't say the ranking is obvious at least to anyone who knows about precious metal values.

As for ambassador status, I hope they stick to the terms and award ambassador level to those who they deem worthy of it who may not have met all requirements. Maybe similar to how they awarded plat. Premier in years past or better yet, maybe they will have a new unpublished status.