FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy? (Potential new program leak)
Old Nov 24, 2018, 5:44 pm
damon88

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by bhrubin

People are throwing their hands up over nonsense then. These complaints absolutely qualify as the “noise on the fringe” to which Sorenson was referring. There is almost no impact here to the program name or labels, but people are complaining anyway. Whiners gonna whine.

While they are complaining about the Bonvoy program name, I’ll be more interested in Marriott getting the IT right. That actually matters and has impact. They can call it Oz or Wakanda for all I care as long as my elite status and benefits are better delineated for me to enjoy.

While they are complaining about the Titanium label, I’ll be thankful that 75 nights has an actual and recognized status name that’s obviously distinct from and receives higher priority than Platinum. That actually matters and has impact. I’ll let you and everyone else worry about the commodities pricing and/or how much it reminds you of your golf game.

I’m very happy that what I’ve always called Ambassador status is finally legitimized publicly as the actual status tier I’ve always known it was. It’s not just about having an Ambassador; it’s also about having Ambassador status. Marriott learned a lesson from the rare elite recognition SPG mistake. That actually matters and has impact.

Amen

I agree with almost everything

That said, I believe Marriott really overthought this—

Marriott Preferred Guest would have been simple, inclusive and would have saved them a lot of 💰

Oz would have been pretty cool too

Last edited by damon88; Nov 24, 2018 at 6:06 pm