FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Polaris In-flight Experiences
View Single Post
Old Nov 24, 2018, 2:45 pm
eng3

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by MiltonFreedMan
So I took UA Polaris SFO-AKL earlier this month, first experience actually riding in a Polaris cabin. Overall I simply found the seats to be too narrow - when I try to sleep and my shoulders are hitting both sides of the seat, it feels more like trying to sleep in a coffin. The food and service was pretty good and overall, was just mainly a disappointment in the seat.
I had the exact same thought (like trying to sleep in a coffin). I think it also depends on your body size and what positon(s) you like to sleep in. if you sleep on your back and keep your arms together (like in a coffin), then it is probably fine as long as you aren't too tall. If you are a side/stomach sleeper, you have to get creative. Excluding the old 747 UD, I still find this seat better than any other UA option.

I usually choose the window/straight seat. I find it a little annoying that there is the "wall" between you and the side of the plane. You'd get alot more room without it but it is a handy storage area.