FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best *A flights options MSP-TKO using UA miles
Old Nov 24, 2018, 1:56 pm
EmailKid
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by sjackson12
Hi,

I'm considering using cc miles to fly to Tokyo at some point (MSP is my home airport). The first option I looked at was ANA flight 11 (ORD-NRT) in business class which was 160K. The other was Air Canada 1 from YYZ-HND. I think I'm preferring the latter as I think the menu would be more amenable to my needs (I'm a vegetarian, but I'll eat fish if nothing else is available). Also I did business on AC from MUC-YYZ and really enjoyed it (not sure if it was the same plane). Both flights are 160K miles and seem to have pretty good availability.

Besides that any other options I should look at?
One thing to consider is that HND is much closer to Tokyo than NRT @:-)

And you can connect to any UA or NH gateway, there are plenty of choices, as well as AC from YVR and IIRC YYC (not sure off the top of my head)

And I would not rule out UA, which has Polaris from SFO IIRC, and sCO 777s from IAH and EWR as well as DremLiner from DEN, where you would get isle access in middle row in Biz. Just be careful about domestic flights - I've flown in coach intra US plenty of times on a Biz ticket

Oh, and HN also flies from YVR, but of course that would require an extra connection.