Old Nov 24, 18, 2:06 pm
damon88

Programs: Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond (C) Hyatt Explorist (M)
Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer View Post
Indeed, there's every possibility that the Titanium member will have been a lot more loyal in recent times than the LTTE. I will be perfectly content to contend equally within the Titaniumosphere going forward in the years I don't earn Amb status. And I'll be forever grateful that Marriott finally put a little bit of thought into just how much is in a name. We will all look back and laugh at the day when FD staff were supposed to know or care about the difference "Premier" was supposed to make in our status.

Hallelujah !! I am almost certain that even savvy staff at legacy SPG hotels had NO idea that there was any difference between P and PP. I made a point on my last trip to chat with them and received mostly blank looks when I mentioned PP. I am very pleased that Marriott is planning (hopefully) to distinguish between the various elite levels.

RE: Lifetime Status I never felt as if this meant anything to the hotels. FWIW they seem much more impressed with (silly things) like total points balance. That is something I know appears prominently on their screens and something many FDCs have mentioned to me. Lifetime Status- not so much.