Old Nov 24, 18, 1:26 pm
bhrubin
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Baze View Post
I am waiting for the new level called unobtanium to arrive. After all it seems to be the most precious metal ever in Science Fiction movies, think Avatar for example. Would take 366 nights to achieve so you could only get it once every 4 years, but the status would be valid for 4 years. Guaranteed best room in the hotel, free meals and drinks. Private butler and concierge service.
That’s actually quite funny.

But isn’t that what so many assume I have already—with one of the supposedly rare amazing Ambassadors who almost always has gotten us suite upgrades and far too often upgrades even to the specialty suites—even when our hotels have been sold out? Not to mention the spectacularly amazing service and treatment that we’ve enjoyed throughout almost every property, regardless of the upgrade? Heck, even the RC Kyoto upgraded us in May—months before the integration—to the 3rd best specialty suite in the hotel even as we were on an award stay! So the actual status can be just as amazing as the actions taken by amazing Ambassadors.

That must be why I call my Ambassador so spectacular: she’s like Captain America with her unobtanium shield to protect and help me! Except I get her every year, thankfully.