FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy? (Potential new program leak)
Old Nov 24, 2018, 11:56 am
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by bhrubin

You’re welcome to a literal/originalist interpretation of this leaked information, but I think you’re kidding yourself.

Common sense and vast experience pretty obviously dictates that:

(1) Titanium also will include anyone over 99 nights without the $20K spending and
(2) upgrade priority will be Ambassador>Titanium>Platinum>Gold>Silver.

Of course, upgrade priority for legacy SPG always was:

SPG Plat100>Plat75>Plat50>Plat25>Gold>Silver

for anyone who was paying attention, barring slight deviations/exceptions for frequently returning guests or other special VIP guests. So this wouldn’t be anything new to anyone who is or was paying attention, whether or not Marriott ever publicly discloses a priority order.
I agree with you for SPG, despite people here always claiming that a Plat is a Plat is a Plat. I also suspect that SPG gave some consideration to lifetime Plat status on top of the four levels.

OTOH, AFAIK MR never published anything to indicate that Plats should have priority over Golds for suites. Indeed, getting a suite seemed to depend on being the first once to argue with the front desk the upgrade. [I realize that *now* there's the distinction about who can get suites at RCs.]