FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is Aman building in Kyoto
View Single Post
Old Nov 23, 2018, 3:18 pm
FlyerEC

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
do you know the site?
Originally Posted by FlyerEC
Likely ready only after AmanNY opens .. at the rate things have been going ( or not ) .
Was hoping in time for RWC ‘ 19 , still hoping
Originally Posted by nmuva98
When I was at Amankila back in March I meet a gentlemen (forgot his name) who was head of fire safety for Aman globally. Based in SG, I believe, Aussie bloke. They were doing a fire drill at Kila and I met him then, then chatted with him a few times over the course of my stay. He commented that the Kyoto property would be open in 2019.

But then for Vari & NY to have spots on the website already, and even the Costa Rica one to have a promo video, yet nothing on Kyoto makes me think the 2019 date might be aspirational....

Although I hope not, as I am ready to visit that property as soon as it opens!
With the shortage of rooms in the Kyoto hotel situation in recent years , still hoping Niwa opens next year , preferably before the RWC .
But with Kerry HILL ‘ s passing it still seems like a construction site though .
Suppose one can always make easy day trips from Osaka with more palatable hotel rates .. if not wanting to stay at FS , RC , ryokans or the PH - set to open next year .. But not an Aman !
Really will be a beautiful addition to the Amans in this lovely area with numerous UNESCO heritage sites .