FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travel Package General Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old Nov 23, 2018, 12:14 am
PanAmWT

Programs: UA GS 4MM, RCC life member (paid), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, CLEAR
Just booked a 7 night Cat.4 at Sheraton Taipei

1. Called Marriott 1-800-321-7396
2. Short waiting, told agent wanting to use partial travel cert (7 night Old Cat.1-5) for Sheraton Taipei
3. Agent fumbled for about 5 minutes to find the right hotel
4. Agent recognized that I have several certs, and went ahead
5. Award reservation was made after 15+ minutes due to some difficulty of computer system
6.Old Cert changed to New cert for Cat 1-4 took 20+ minutes
7. Attach cert to reservation another 20 minutes. Agent kept coming back to apologize for a dozen times throughout.
8. Received three emails: Order of new cert, award reservation, and cancellation of old cert, in that order
9. Reservation was for two persons, confirmation email showing only 1 guest. asked for correction, received new email still showed 1 guest. (This has happened in another cash reservation for 2 guests but email said 1 guest.)

Summary:
1. Marriott agent knows precisely what need be done, but total phone call after agent answered took near one hour.
2. Wanted to book for only six nights but was told I must book for 7 nights. I cannot volunteer reducing it to less than 7 nights. (So there must be a period of 7 nights award availability)
3. Reservation was for two guests but emails repeatedly show 1 guest.